We employ more than fifty five highly experienced Mechanical and Electrical Design Engineers, Estimators and CAD Engineers who are able to work to whatever financial or environmental restrictions our clients may have.
All of our designs are carried out using Advanced Engineering and Computer Aided Design Technology, using Auto-Cad Design Software.
We have in-house facilities for plotting and copying drawings in both colour and black and white, up to AO drawing size, and operate various software packages including:
- Amtech Design Software - for high voltage and low voltage cable sizing
- Relux Lighting Design Package - for the calculation of both artificial and natural day light
- Hevacomp Design Software - for lift analysis and lightning protection design
- Hevacomp Design Software - allowing the design and calculation of all building services including energy calculations, heat losses and gains, sizing of all piped and ducted services, U values, condensation checks, energy consumption and acoustic design.
- IES Simulation Software - a dynamic simulation software tool used to model a building and determine its energy performance. It allows us to assess the impact that the introduction of low and zero carbon technologies will have on the buildings energy performance.
- SBEM Software - Simplified Building Energy Model is a government software tool that is used to carry out a Part L assessment of a buildings energy performance and produce the buildings Energy Performance Certificate. This software tool is integrated into both IES and Hevacomp allowing us to build an accurate model of the building and carry out the necessary part L and EPC calculations.
3D and Building Information Modelling (BIM)
As the construction industry continues towards a digital built environment, DBS recognise that Building Information Modelling is an integral part of the construction industry going forward. BIM uses digital technology to improve the development, sharing and analysis of data within both the construction and operational phases of projects. Our aim is to improve our data management and collaboration within our projects, whilst continuing to work towards delivering greater efficiencies through the design, construction and operational stages of a project.
As part of our commitment to BIM and the associated processes and activities, DBS are proud to have achieved the following accreditation
- BS EN ISO 19650-1:2018: Organisation and digitisation of information about buildings and civil engineering works, including building information modelling (BIM) - Information management using building information modelling: Concepts and principles
- BS EN ISO 19650-2:2018: Organisation and digitisation of information about buildings and civil engineering works, including building information modelling (BIM) - Information management using building information modelling: Delivery phase of the assets.
- UK National Annex and BS 1192-4:2014 (Formally BIM Level 2 in accordance with PAS 1192-2)
As our commitment to BIM above demonstrates we can confirm that we are able to operate standards set out within the documentation provided within the BEP and EIR’s